A Union of Crowns Is the Only Remedy for Devolution
comments powered by Disqus
Sudha Shenoy - 4/14/2007
There _might_ still be a few. The true conservatives would remain, of course -- but the possible opening for genuine liberals might winkle them out of the woodwork -- both from within & without the Tories.
Mark Brady - 4/12/2007
And what makes you think there are either any genuine conservatives or genuine liberals left in the Conservative Party?
Sudha Shenoy - 4/12/2007
Because then the Tories can be split into the genuine conservatives -- in the Hayekian sense -- & the genuine liberals, who appreciate social & economic processes, the common law, & are suspicious of govt per se.
Mark Brady - 4/11/2007
Why might a permanent Tory majority in the House of Commons herald the day of the true liberal?
Sudha Shenoy - 4/11/2007
No, I exaggerate. The Scottish seats are overwhelmingly Labour, but the bulk of Labour seats are _south_ of the border. Nonetheless, an independent England means a much _smaller_ bloc for Labour. There's hope yet.
Sudha Shenoy - 4/11/2007
The bulk of Labour seats are north of the border. With a permanent Tory majority in the House of Commons, the day of the true liberal may come at last...Roll on liberation.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- The price of oil has plummeted and with it Russia’s finances
- Legal scholars at Harvard debate Cruz’s eligibility to serve as president
- Has one of Sally Hemings’s siblings been neglected by history unfairly?
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history
- Israeli historian Yair Auron lays out details of a massacre in 1948