The End of Conservatism
I'm no conservative, but there is nothing conservative about the activist methods that this President has used to enact his interventionist agenda.
comments powered by Disqus
Chris Matthew Sciabarra - 2/25/2004
The thing is, Jonathan, there isn't anything intellectually or methodologically "conservative" about the Bush administration. It's ideological roots are more Woodrow Wilson than Barry Goldwater. Perhaps we can call this neither conservatism, nor paleoconservatism, nor neoconservatism. It's "post-ism"... and it combines the worst of right and left.
Jonathan Dresner - 2/24/2004
You're conflating ideological conservativism with methodological conservativism. Sometimes, to be conservative, you have to be activist. Which is oxymoronic, but that's the best you get with our pitiful political vocabulary.
- Montreal's history to be projected onto city walls throughout Old Montreal and the Old Port
- Bizarre Discovery Under Ancient Temple
- Ben Affleck’s Ancestor Did Not Own Slaves, Tax Documents Show
- American Civil War Commemorated Way Down South of Dixie
- Documentary tells the story slaves who moved to Chicago and formed a community