Which Presidential Candidate Said This? (Part 1)
Answer: Fred Thompson. This quotation was reported (favorably of course!) in the American Spectator.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 3/22/2007
I'll say that Harvey did have at least one shining moment, when he turned against the Vietnam War. His defection may not have carried almost as much weight (at least in rural, small town America) as that of Uncle Walter.
Jonathan Dresner - 3/22/2007
Gandhi's absurdity aside (most of the Jews did go without resistance, not out of moral conviction but because there was apparently no viable course that didn't have an even higher probability of quicker death), I note that Thompson's statement was made during a stint on the Paul Harvey show, which should, in itself, disqualify him for any elected or appointed office of responsibility.
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC