Which Presidential Candidate Said This? (Part 1)
Answer: Fred Thompson. This quotation was reported (favorably of course!) in the American Spectator.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 3/22/2007
I'll say that Harvey did have at least one shining moment, when he turned against the Vietnam War. His defection may not have carried almost as much weight (at least in rural, small town America) as that of Uncle Walter.
Jonathan Dresner - 3/22/2007
Gandhi's absurdity aside (most of the Jews did go without resistance, not out of moral conviction but because there was apparently no viable course that didn't have an even higher probability of quicker death), I note that Thompson's statement was made during a stint on the Paul Harvey show, which should, in itself, disqualify him for any elected or appointed office of responsibility.
- A grandmother’s trove of Civil War photos goes to Library of Congress
- Tribes See Name on Oregon Maps as Being Out of Bounds
- Holy Haystacks! Researchers Have Officially Discovered A New Monet
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- OAH denounces anti-gay legislation signed by Indiana governor
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library