Which Presidential Candidate Said This? (Part 1)
Answer: Fred Thompson. This quotation was reported (favorably of course!) in the American Spectator.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 3/22/2007
I'll say that Harvey did have at least one shining moment, when he turned against the Vietnam War. His defection may not have carried almost as much weight (at least in rural, small town America) as that of Uncle Walter.
Jonathan Dresner - 3/22/2007
Gandhi's absurdity aside (most of the Jews did go without resistance, not out of moral conviction but because there was apparently no viable course that didn't have an even higher probability of quicker death), I note that Thompson's statement was made during a stint on the Paul Harvey show, which should, in itself, disqualify him for any elected or appointed office of responsibility.
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- Graphic of the Week: Browse An Archive of 170,000 Depression-Era Photos
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich
- Niall Ferguson leaving Harvard for Stanford
- Integration Of Cheerleaders Was Difficult To Achieve
- New-York Historical Society to Open Women’s History Center