Which Presidential Candidate Said This? (Part 1)
Answer: Fred Thompson. This quotation was reported (favorably of course!) in the American Spectator.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 3/22/2007
I'll say that Harvey did have at least one shining moment, when he turned against the Vietnam War. His defection may not have carried almost as much weight (at least in rural, small town America) as that of Uncle Walter.
Jonathan Dresner - 3/22/2007
Gandhi's absurdity aside (most of the Jews did go without resistance, not out of moral conviction but because there was apparently no viable course that didn't have an even higher probability of quicker death), I note that Thompson's statement was made during a stint on the Paul Harvey show, which should, in itself, disqualify him for any elected or appointed office of responsibility.
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean