Which Presidential Candidate Said This? (Part 1)
Answer: Fred Thompson. This quotation was reported (favorably of course!) in the American Spectator.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 3/21/2007
I'll say that Harvey did have at least one shining moment, when he turned against the Vietnam War. His defection may not have carried almost as much weight (at least in rural, small town America) as that of Uncle Walter.
Jonathan Dresner - 3/21/2007
Gandhi's absurdity aside (most of the Jews did go without resistance, not out of moral conviction but because there was apparently no viable course that didn't have an even higher probability of quicker death), I note that Thompson's statement was made during a stint on the Paul Harvey show, which should, in itself, disqualify him for any elected or appointed office of responsibility.
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize