Howard Meyer: Liberalism is shameful?
Two dictionaries consulted (and my edition of Roget's Thesaurus) treat"abashed" and"ashamed" as synonyms. I was troubled by the Times' reference. Most of my friends are"liberal" and I am sure that not one is ashamed of her or his beliefs, Of course, in view of the events of the last six years, there are, by now, few unabashed Bush supporters. That number, understandably, will be negligible in a few years.
Howard N Meyer
comments powered by Disqus
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds
- Do You Have Snippets of the Star-Spangled Banner?