Howard Meyer: Liberalism is shameful?
Two dictionaries consulted (and my edition of Roget's Thesaurus) treat"abashed" and"ashamed" as synonyms. I was troubled by the Times' reference. Most of my friends are"liberal" and I am sure that not one is ashamed of her or his beliefs, Of course, in view of the events of the last six years, there are, by now, few unabashed Bush supporters. That number, understandably, will be negligible in a few years.
Howard N Meyer
comments powered by Disqus
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- In a county that tried to amend U.S. history course, a lesson in politics
- Overhauling La Guardia, an Airport With a Historical Name but a Tarnished Image
- Now it can be told: The weakening of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the crowning achievement of GOP partisans who detested the law
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success