The Case Against Idiocy
I understand that an opinion section is supposed to be a forum where folks from across the philosophical spectrum exchange ideas. But is"willfull ignorance" really a legitimate viewpoint?
Outlook is generally the most interesting opinion section in newspaper journalism. And the Post's op-ed page, with the likes of Anne Applebaum, Robert Samuelson, and Michael Kinsley, passed up the NY Times' pages a long time ago.
That said, it's awfully disappointing to see such a loathesome piece of opinion writing get front-page treatment.
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?