The Case Against Idiocy
I understand that an opinion section is supposed to be a forum where folks from across the philosophical spectrum exchange ideas. But is"willfull ignorance" really a legitimate viewpoint?
Outlook is generally the most interesting opinion section in newspaper journalism. And the Post's op-ed page, with the likes of Anne Applebaum, Robert Samuelson, and Michael Kinsley, passed up the NY Times' pages a long time ago.
That said, it's awfully disappointing to see such a loathesome piece of opinion writing get front-page treatment.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America