Long on Libertarians and the Left
Just a very loud "second" to Rod's last post about libertarians and environmentalists. Economy and ecology share more than some alphabet letters, and Rod has it just right. Many years ago, as part of a team-taught course, I had to read Aldo Leopold's Sand County Almanac, a classic in ecology. There are a number of passages where if you substituted "market" for "ecosystem," you'd have sentences that could have been right out of Hayek. Or me, for that matter!
And a second "second" to Rod's call for more conversation and listening between libertarians and the Left.
comments powered by Disqus
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Slate reveals that despite our apology, nothing’s been done to help Guatemalans infected in an experiment worse than Tuskegee
- Russian government website notes that game maker has sent “Secret Hitler” to every US senator
- Scholars debate the future of NATO
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport