Long on Libertarians and the Left
Just a very loud "second" to Rod's last post about libertarians and environmentalists. Economy and ecology share more than some alphabet letters, and Rod has it just right. Many years ago, as part of a team-taught course, I had to read Aldo Leopold's Sand County Almanac, a classic in ecology. There are a number of passages where if you substituted "market" for "ecosystem," you'd have sentences that could have been right out of Hayek. Or me, for that matter!
And a second "second" to Rod's call for more conversation and listening between libertarians and the Left.
comments powered by Disqus
- Florida professor to burn Confederate flag
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign