Murray Polner: Sacrifice?
Re Thomas Friedman's column ("The Home Team," Feb. 8) criticizing the lack of sacrifice today by homebound Americans, many of us would greatly appreciate learning precisely what sacrifices he and his family are making.
Mr. Polner, an army veteran, is the author of No Victory Parades: The Return of the Vietnam Veteran and co-author of Disarmed and Dangerous, a dual biography of the Berrigan brothers.
comments powered by Disqus
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- A Fight About Taxing The Wealthy, A Century Before President Obama
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History
- Joan Peters’s legacy assessed by one of her fiercest critics, Norman Finkelstein
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize