Murray Polner: Sacrifice?
Re Thomas Friedman's column ("The Home Team," Feb. 8) criticizing the lack of sacrifice today by homebound Americans, many of us would greatly appreciate learning precisely what sacrifices he and his family are making.
Mr. Polner, an army veteran, is the author of No Victory Parades: The Return of the Vietnam Veteran and co-author of Disarmed and Dangerous, a dual biography of the Berrigan brothers.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"