Murray Polner: Sacrifice?
Re Thomas Friedman's column ("The Home Team," Feb. 8) criticizing the lack of sacrifice today by homebound Americans, many of us would greatly appreciate learning precisely what sacrifices he and his family are making.
Mr. Polner, an army veteran, is the author of No Victory Parades: The Return of the Vietnam Veteran and co-author of Disarmed and Dangerous, a dual biography of the Berrigan brothers.
comments powered by Disqus
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- The World's Jewish Population Is Nearing Pre-Holocaust Levels
- Bernie Sanders’s Revolutionary Roots Were Nurtured in ’60s Vermont
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing