Murray Polner: Sacrifice?
Re Thomas Friedman's column ("The Home Team," Feb. 8) criticizing the lack of sacrifice today by homebound Americans, many of us would greatly appreciate learning precisely what sacrifices he and his family are making.
Mr. Polner, an army veteran, is the author of No Victory Parades: The Return of the Vietnam Veteran and co-author of Disarmed and Dangerous, a dual biography of the Berrigan brothers.
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize