Poor Martha, and the Rest of Us as Well
For a nice review of how markets, not government, can handle cheaters quite efficiently you should read Fred McChesney's take on how market forces could better deal with the mutual fund problems involving timing trades and short-term trading. I should say that this is in part a shameless plug for Liberty Fund's own creation the EconLib Webpage which is an invaluable resource for faculty and students interested in free markets and the classic texts that underpin them.
comments powered by Disqus
- In France, Vestiges of the Great War’s Bloody End
- New Evidence Supporting Volcanoes as Cause for Mass Extinction and Rapid Climate Change
- Film Conjures Era That Some in Selma Would Rather Not Revisit
- White? Black? A Murky Distinction Grows Still Murkier
- The best history books of 2014 – as rated by historians
- Martin Kramer says Israelis have "no clue” that Ari Shavit “has added a massacre in the city of Lydda to the litany of Israel’s alleged crimes in 1948"
- Carleton Mabee, Biographer of Morse, Dies at 99
- NYT editorial cites work of Harvard's Sven Beckert and Cornell’s Edward Baptist
- Majors in history earn more than others in the humanities
- The director of Mount Vernon’s library says it’s difficult to pierce the Washington myth (Interview)