Questions for Kerry, Neo-Con Identity Problems, etc.
Speaking of Kerry and Kosovo, there is still an old 1999 article on his website from the Boston Globe in which it urges the U.S. to "stay the course" in Kosovo . The Wilsonian rhetoric in the article is so effusive that it could have easily been a cover story at the time for the Weekly Standard or Frontpage as an illustration of how another peacenik had"seen the light." Courtesy of Julian Sanchez , Michael Lind of the Nation pokes fun at neo-con attempts to deny their own existence.
comments powered by Disqus
Charles Johnson - 2/10/2004
What strange madness has seized the mind of John Kerry since he entered the halls of power? (But perhaps I answer my own question.)
When he was younger and wiser, this is what John Kerry had to say about these ridiculous appeals to 'staying the course' (whether in Kosovo or in Iraq):
"Now we are told that the men who fought there must watch quietly while American lives are lost so that we can exercise the incredible arrogance of Vietnamizing the Vietnamese.
Each day to facilitate the process by which the United States washes her hands of Vietnam someone has to give up his life so that the United States doesn't have to admit something that the entire world already knows, so that we can't say that we have made a mistake. Someone has to die so that President Nixon won't be, and these are his words, 'the first President to lose a war.'
We are asking Americans to think about that because how do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Vietnam? How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"
- Hillary Clinton’s 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins
- Now Austria Says It Will Likely Redesign Hitler's House, Not Tear It Down
- Some looted Idlib National Museum artifacts resurface, fate of others a mystery amidst ‘thriving black market trade’
- Is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau constitutional?
- Poll: Millennials desperately need to bone up on the history of communism
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"
- Conservative historians against Trump sign a petition warning he'd be dangerous
- Benjamin H. Irvin Named OAH Executive Editor
- Historian Diana Ramey Berry praises effort to return the skull of Nat Turner to his family