Pentagon: Just Tell Us the Good News, Ok?
From Jim Romanesko's media column (Feb. 9, 2004):
Pentagon tells clipping service to ignore critical news stories Washington Post (reg. req.)
Pentagon bosses have ordered the department's clipping service to exclude articles critical of the military and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld , reports Howard Kurtz . Last October, clipping service staffers were told to eliminate all newsmagazine articles, but the Pentagon press office has waived the newsmag ban for some articles that senior managers deem positive, says Kurtz.
comments powered by Disqus
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller