Pentagon: Just Tell Us the Good News, Ok?
From Jim Romanesko's media column (Feb. 9, 2004):
Pentagon tells clipping service to ignore critical news stories Washington Post (reg. req.)
Pentagon bosses have ordered the department's clipping service to exclude articles critical of the military and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld , reports Howard Kurtz . Last October, clipping service staffers were told to eliminate all newsmagazine articles, but the Pentagon press office has waived the newsmag ban for some articles that senior managers deem positive, says Kurtz.
comments powered by Disqus
- What Americans Don’t Want to See in a President
- Revealed: How the gruesome Operation Condor kidnapped and tortured and killed people
- Returning the Spoils of World War II, Taken by Americans
- Nazi-confiscated painting returned to heir of Jewish art historian
- Bobby Jindal book on lessons of history coming in October
- Historian chastises Sacramento State for substituting anthropology for American history
- Open Letter in Support of Historians in Japan
- This is just one reason Eric Burns decided to write a whole book about the year 1920
- Historian traces racist origin of Louisiana law allowing 10-2 jury verdicts
- Israel Museum turns Yuval Noah Harari's "Brief History of Humankind" into exhibit