What Makes Them Leave
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 2/10/2004
I read the column, and it seemed to me that there were some interesting clusters, an awful lot of missing data, and no hint of a question as to whether the indices (ranked surveys, not metric scores) of regulatory and tax policy were meaningful.
Not to mention the narrow econometric view of the universe that sees "good for business" as synonymous with "good for people" and therefore can't consider the question of whether the problem is with the "unfriendly" states or with the "too friendly" states.
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors