We, the Jewish State
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 1/22/2007
Certainly, all states do bad things all the time.
When I posted the story, I wondered whether someone would post to say either the story was wrong in some important respect(s) or it was misleading because it didn't tell the whole story.
Can Israel exist and tolerate a right of return for the Palestinians? Or is the existence of two states--one exclusively Jewish-Zionist, the other Palestinian--the only feasible outcome? (I write "Jewish-Zionist" as there are both Jews who are not Zionists and Zionists who are not Jewish.)
Steven Horwitz - 1/22/2007
Yes, we should find it disturbing. States do bad things all the time. All states.
- How the Vikings Saved Europe and Got a Terrible Reputation
- England's King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead
- 2 of 21 MacArthur Fellows for 2014 are historians
- Ken Burns electrifies Jon Stewart show