Jesse Lemisch: Intelligence Failures and Iraq
Re"Powell's Case, A Year Later" February 1, 2004:
These days, the Times seems wedded to the notion that intelligence failures got us into war in Iraq. I'm no defender of the CIA. But this approach shifts the argument away from the Bush administration's lies, for which abundant evidence was available at the time. So the focus on"intelligence failures" pollutes the air and amounts to a defense of Bush et. al.
Jesse Lemisch, Professor Emeritus of History, John Jay College of Criminal Justice of the City University of New York.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic