Jesse Lemisch: Intelligence Failures and Iraq
Re"Powell's Case, A Year Later" February 1, 2004:
These days, the Times seems wedded to the notion that intelligence failures got us into war in Iraq. I'm no defender of the CIA. But this approach shifts the argument away from the Bush administration's lies, for which abundant evidence was available at the time. So the focus on"intelligence failures" pollutes the air and amounts to a defense of Bush et. al.
Jesse Lemisch, Professor Emeritus of History, John Jay College of Criminal Justice of the City University of New York.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments