Jesse Lemisch: Intelligence Failures and Iraq
Re"Powell's Case, A Year Later" February 1, 2004:
These days, the Times seems wedded to the notion that intelligence failures got us into war in Iraq. I'm no defender of the CIA. But this approach shifts the argument away from the Bush administration's lies, for which abundant evidence was available at the time. So the focus on"intelligence failures" pollutes the air and amounts to a defense of Bush et. al.
Jesse Lemisch, Professor Emeritus of History, John Jay College of Criminal Justice of the City University of New York.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook