Jesse Lemisch: Intelligence Failures and Iraq
Re"Powell's Case, A Year Later" February 1, 2004:
These days, the Times seems wedded to the notion that intelligence failures got us into war in Iraq. I'm no defender of the CIA. But this approach shifts the argument away from the Bush administration's lies, for which abundant evidence was available at the time. So the focus on"intelligence failures" pollutes the air and amounts to a defense of Bush et. al.
Jesse Lemisch, Professor Emeritus of History, John Jay College of Criminal Justice of the City University of New York.
comments powered by Disqus
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita
- L.A. schools adopt history curriculum from Stanford University
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award