Jesse Lemisch: Intelligence Failures and Iraq
Re"Powell's Case, A Year Later" February 1, 2004:
These days, the Times seems wedded to the notion that intelligence failures got us into war in Iraq. I'm no defender of the CIA. But this approach shifts the argument away from the Bush administration's lies, for which abundant evidence was available at the time. So the focus on"intelligence failures" pollutes the air and amounts to a defense of Bush et. al.
Jesse Lemisch, Professor Emeritus of History, John Jay College of Criminal Justice of the City University of New York.
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies