Ed Moise: Kurds Can Be Sunnis, too
To say that the new Iraqi Governing Council includes 13 Shiites, 5 Sunnis, and 5 Kurds ("A New Government in Iraq," July 14) is misleading. Most Kurds in Iraq, and at least 4 of the 5 Kurds on the Governing Council, are Sunnis.
It would be more accurate to say that the council includes 13 Shiite Arabs, 5 Sunni Arabs, and 5 Kurds.
Edwin E. Moise
July 14, 2003
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians gloss over too many unpalatable truths, Antony Beevor says
- Historian shares his own experience with mental illness
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?