Ed Moise: Kurds Can Be Sunnis, too
To say that the new Iraqi Governing Council includes 13 Shiites, 5 Sunnis, and 5 Kurds ("A New Government in Iraq," July 14) is misleading. Most Kurds in Iraq, and at least 4 of the 5 Kurds on the Governing Council, are Sunnis.
It would be more accurate to say that the council includes 13 Shiite Arabs, 5 Sunni Arabs, and 5 Kurds.
Edwin E. Moise
July 14, 2003
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)