Ed Moise: Kurds Can Be Sunnis, too
To say that the new Iraqi Governing Council includes 13 Shiites, 5 Sunnis, and 5 Kurds ("A New Government in Iraq," July 14) is misleading. Most Kurds in Iraq, and at least 4 of the 5 Kurds on the Governing Council, are Sunnis.
It would be more accurate to say that the council includes 13 Shiite Arabs, 5 Sunni Arabs, and 5 Kurds.
Edwin E. Moise
July 14, 2003
comments powered by Disqus
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830