Ed Moise: Kurds Can Be Sunnis, too
To say that the new Iraqi Governing Council includes 13 Shiites, 5 Sunnis, and 5 Kurds ("A New Government in Iraq," July 14) is misleading. Most Kurds in Iraq, and at least 4 of the 5 Kurds on the Governing Council, are Sunnis.
It would be more accurate to say that the council includes 13 Shiite Arabs, 5 Sunni Arabs, and 5 Kurds.
Edwin E. Moise
July 14, 2003
comments powered by Disqus
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller