Well, I see that Mr. Radley Balko has finally revealed the bigoted and fowl nature of his soul. I can't say that I'm surprised. I've had my suspicions for some time. But some of us had an altogether different view of this story.
And I think there's an interesting subtext to Radley's post, as there usually is in such cases. You can almost hear it:"I feel this strange attraction to those penguins. They're really awfully cute. But I know this is wrong! It's dirty! I must fight it!"
Want to bet we read about Radley being caught in some penguin bust a few years down the road? It wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Always keep your eye on those who protest too much...
comments powered by Disqus
- Moving Photographs of Japanese American Internees, Then and Now
- A One-of-a-Kind Trove Reveals What 19th-Century American Boyhood Was Really Like
- St. Louis University moves controversial statue after protests
- UNC Renames Building That Honored Ku Klux Klan Leader
- A Wartime Bomb, Unearthed in Germany, Recalls Darker Days
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize