Well, I see that Mr. Radley Balko has finally revealed the bigoted and fowl nature of his soul. I can't say that I'm surprised. I've had my suspicions for some time. But some of us had an altogether different view of this story.
And I think there's an interesting subtext to Radley's post, as there usually is in such cases. You can almost hear it:"I feel this strange attraction to those penguins. They're really awfully cute. But I know this is wrong! It's dirty! I must fight it!"
Want to bet we read about Radley being caught in some penguin bust a few years down the road? It wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Always keep your eye on those who protest too much...
comments powered by Disqus
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)
- Ted Widmer picks the 5 best presidential books worth reading