MORE ON TENURE AND ADMINISTRATORS
I'm in the third year of a three-year administrative appointment and my dean has just begun a campus-wide performance review. He has specifically asked for letters from folks who work closely with me, and will send out a broader campus call for information shortly. That's one way to get accountability I suppose. In a small place, with relatively few layers of administration in academic affairs, that's probably easier to do. In any case, I don't see the systematic threat to tenure, nor do I see Deming's situation as just being about tenure. It certainly points to other problems in higher ed, as Robert rightly notes.
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools