ANYONE HAVE A DEAL ON SHOVELS?
On certain days, it's just so deep that you need a shovel, or several. Mr. Rumsfeld speaks:
Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Massachusetts, and other Democrats on the committee reminded Rumsfeld that in September 2002 he said"we know" where weapons of mass destruction are stored in Iraq.Ah. Well, these things happen.
Explaining that remark, Rumsfeld told the panel that he was referring to suspected weapons sites, but he acknowledged that he had made it sound like he was talking about actual weapons.
The remark"probably turned out not to be what one would have preferred, in retrospect," he said.
Read the rest of the story, for all the various explanations as to what happened to Iraq's WMD. They went to some other country (just in case another war seems helpful, what with the election and all), they were destroyed, it was all a charade, everyone was fooled, including Saddam (and us, not coincidentally)...you know the drill.
Oh, and the last one in the story:
The findings of the Kay group, he added, so far have"not proven Saddam Hussein had what intelligence indicated he had and what we believed he had. But it also has not proven the opposite."In other words:"You can't prove God doesn't exist!"
I would offer a long explanation about the dangers of the arbitrary, and where the burden of proof properly lies. But I've already done that.
Besides, I'm not altogether sure he would understand it anyway.
Meanwhile, anyone got a deal on shovels? I have a feeling I'm going to need a lot of them in the next few months.
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead