ANYONE HAVE A DEAL ON SHOVELS?
On certain days, it's just so deep that you need a shovel, or several. Mr. Rumsfeld speaks:
Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Massachusetts, and other Democrats on the committee reminded Rumsfeld that in September 2002 he said"we know" where weapons of mass destruction are stored in Iraq.Ah. Well, these things happen.
Explaining that remark, Rumsfeld told the panel that he was referring to suspected weapons sites, but he acknowledged that he had made it sound like he was talking about actual weapons.
The remark"probably turned out not to be what one would have preferred, in retrospect," he said.
Read the rest of the story, for all the various explanations as to what happened to Iraq's WMD. They went to some other country (just in case another war seems helpful, what with the election and all), they were destroyed, it was all a charade, everyone was fooled, including Saddam (and us, not coincidentally)...you know the drill.
Oh, and the last one in the story:
The findings of the Kay group, he added, so far have"not proven Saddam Hussein had what intelligence indicated he had and what we believed he had. But it also has not proven the opposite."In other words:"You can't prove God doesn't exist!"
I would offer a long explanation about the dangers of the arbitrary, and where the burden of proof properly lies. But I've already done that.
Besides, I'm not altogether sure he would understand it anyway.
Meanwhile, anyone got a deal on shovels? I have a feeling I'm going to need a lot of them in the next few months.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"