OLMERT UNDERMINES ISRAELI SECURITY
Israeli and U.S. sources said the State Department has blocked the transfer of weapons and technology to the Jewish state over the last three months. The sources said the halt reflected deteriorating relations between the two countries since the end of the war in Lebanon in August 2006.
"Nobody will say openly that there is a problem," a government source said."But there is a serious problem that reflects the marginalization of Israel in U.S. strategy."
Of course, such US policy is shortsighted. Not only are American -Israeli alliance far from a one way street, the policy may limit Israeli ability to take on Iran at the time Iran is waging a proxy war against the US not only in Iraq (where the two of their top operators was arrested recently) but also in Israel. Iran-Backed Palestinian Terror Group Has Fired 75 Rockets Into Israel Since Cease-Fire Began.
As always when Israel tried actively to reach peace, it got war and whenever there is daylight between Israel and the US all hell breaks lose.
Sorry to perdict, it is going to be a bumpy year.
comments powered by Disqus
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service