OLMERT UNDERMINES ISRAELI SECURITY
Israeli and U.S. sources said the State Department has blocked the transfer of weapons and technology to the Jewish state over the last three months. The sources said the halt reflected deteriorating relations between the two countries since the end of the war in Lebanon in August 2006.
"Nobody will say openly that there is a problem," a government source said."But there is a serious problem that reflects the marginalization of Israel in U.S. strategy."
Of course, such US policy is shortsighted. Not only are American -Israeli alliance far from a one way street, the policy may limit Israeli ability to take on Iran at the time Iran is waging a proxy war against the US not only in Iraq (where the two of their top operators was arrested recently) but also in Israel. Iran-Backed Palestinian Terror Group Has Fired 75 Rockets Into Israel Since Cease-Fire Began.
As always when Israel tried actively to reach peace, it got war and whenever there is daylight between Israel and the US all hell breaks lose.
Sorry to perdict, it is going to be a bumpy year.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea