OLMERT UNDERMINES ISRAELI SECURITY
Israeli and U.S. sources said the State Department has blocked the transfer of weapons and technology to the Jewish state over the last three months. The sources said the halt reflected deteriorating relations between the two countries since the end of the war in Lebanon in August 2006.
"Nobody will say openly that there is a problem," a government source said."But there is a serious problem that reflects the marginalization of Israel in U.S. strategy."
Of course, such US policy is shortsighted. Not only are American -Israeli alliance far from a one way street, the policy may limit Israeli ability to take on Iran at the time Iran is waging a proxy war against the US not only in Iraq (where the two of their top operators was arrested recently) but also in Israel. Iran-Backed Palestinian Terror Group Has Fired 75 Rockets Into Israel Since Cease-Fire Began.
As always when Israel tried actively to reach peace, it got war and whenever there is daylight between Israel and the US all hell breaks lose.
Sorry to perdict, it is going to be a bumpy year.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)