OLMERT UNDERMINES ISRAELI SECURITY
Israeli and U.S. sources said the State Department has blocked the transfer of weapons and technology to the Jewish state over the last three months. The sources said the halt reflected deteriorating relations between the two countries since the end of the war in Lebanon in August 2006.
"Nobody will say openly that there is a problem," a government source said."But there is a serious problem that reflects the marginalization of Israel in U.S. strategy."
Of course, such US policy is shortsighted. Not only are American -Israeli alliance far from a one way street, the policy may limit Israeli ability to take on Iran at the time Iran is waging a proxy war against the US not only in Iraq (where the two of their top operators was arrested recently) but also in Israel. Iran-Backed Palestinian Terror Group Has Fired 75 Rockets Into Israel Since Cease-Fire Began.
As always when Israel tried actively to reach peace, it got war and whenever there is daylight between Israel and the US all hell breaks lose.
Sorry to perdict, it is going to be a bumpy year.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”