OLMERT UNDERMINES ISRAELI SECURITY
Israeli and U.S. sources said the State Department has blocked the transfer of weapons and technology to the Jewish state over the last three months. The sources said the halt reflected deteriorating relations between the two countries since the end of the war in Lebanon in August 2006.
"Nobody will say openly that there is a problem," a government source said."But there is a serious problem that reflects the marginalization of Israel in U.S. strategy."
Of course, such US policy is shortsighted. Not only are American -Israeli alliance far from a one way street, the policy may limit Israeli ability to take on Iran at the time Iran is waging a proxy war against the US not only in Iraq (where the two of their top operators was arrested recently) but also in Israel. Iran-Backed Palestinian Terror Group Has Fired 75 Rockets Into Israel Since Cease-Fire Began.
As always when Israel tried actively to reach peace, it got war and whenever there is daylight between Israel and the US all hell breaks lose.
Sorry to perdict, it is going to be a bumpy year.
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades