Give Me Tenure or Death
A black professor at MIT has threatened to go on a hunger strike and"die defiantly" outside the provost's office if the university does not grant him tenure, which he said was denied because of racism.
comments powered by Disqus
Protagoras - 12/28/2006
How bad must this guy's work be if, with all the enormous benefit of the doubt he must get because of his race, he is still not getting tenure? I say let this jackass conduct his hunger strike all the way to the bitter end.
Sudha Shenoy - 12/25/2006
I find this repellent & disgusting. What if this man were of any other appearance than 'black'? This is what happens once th principle of 'same rules for all' is breached.
Jonathan Dresner - 12/25/2006
Self-sacrifice is always morally distinct from the taking of other lives.
Something tells me that a hunger strike wouldn't get anywhere near that much attention if it weren't at MIT, so it's not an option most of us could really use..
Mark Brady - 12/25/2006
I found it rather ironic that he's prepared to take his own life yet he opposes research using human embryonic stem cells because he believes it amounts to taking human life.
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- CIA: “Pinochet personally ordered” Letelier bombing
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history