Give Me Tenure or Death
A black professor at MIT has threatened to go on a hunger strike and"die defiantly" outside the provost's office if the university does not grant him tenure, which he said was denied because of racism.
comments powered by Disqus
Protagoras - 12/29/2006
How bad must this guy's work be if, with all the enormous benefit of the doubt he must get because of his race, he is still not getting tenure? I say let this jackass conduct his hunger strike all the way to the bitter end.
Sudha Shenoy - 12/26/2006
I find this repellent & disgusting. What if this man were of any other appearance than 'black'? This is what happens once th principle of 'same rules for all' is breached.
Jonathan Dresner - 12/25/2006
Self-sacrifice is always morally distinct from the taking of other lives.
Something tells me that a hunger strike wouldn't get anywhere near that much attention if it weren't at MIT, so it's not an option most of us could really use..
Mark Brady - 12/25/2006
I found it rather ironic that he's prepared to take his own life yet he opposes research using human embryonic stem cells because he believes it amounts to taking human life.
- New ISIS video shows militants smashing ancient Iraq artifacts
- How air conditioning helped Ronald Reagan become president
- Mount Vernon uses lasers to scan mansion down to the nail
- Ray Bradbury home's demise has LA re-examining its history
- Alan Turing’s family demands the UK pardon its convicted homosexuals
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic