Give Me Tenure or Death
A black professor at MIT has threatened to go on a hunger strike and"die defiantly" outside the provost's office if the university does not grant him tenure, which he said was denied because of racism.
comments powered by Disqus
Protagoras - 12/28/2006
How bad must this guy's work be if, with all the enormous benefit of the doubt he must get because of his race, he is still not getting tenure? I say let this jackass conduct his hunger strike all the way to the bitter end.
Sudha Shenoy - 12/25/2006
I find this repellent & disgusting. What if this man were of any other appearance than 'black'? This is what happens once th principle of 'same rules for all' is breached.
Jonathan Dresner - 12/25/2006
Self-sacrifice is always morally distinct from the taking of other lives.
Something tells me that a hunger strike wouldn't get anywhere near that much attention if it weren't at MIT, so it's not an option most of us could really use..
Mark Brady - 12/25/2006
I found it rather ironic that he's prepared to take his own life yet he opposes research using human embryonic stem cells because he believes it amounts to taking human life.
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller