FREEDOM OF RELIGION ANYONE?
If only the same could be said about Egypt - There a Muslim who converted to Christianity has been arrested.
In Saudi Arabia you do not even have to try to convert to be sentenced to death. It is enough to be a Hindu whose taxi driver made a wrong turn while driving to the hospital where your wife had just gave birth in Medina.
The Indian government intervened and he was released. The law has not been changed!
comments powered by Disqus
Judith Apter Klinghoffer - 1/3/2007
You may be right. But all it proves is that democracies respond to just criticism. Since I wrote, Egyptian courts have refused to recognize the Bahais as members of a separate religion.
Maham Saleem - 12/27/2006
I think this plan to build a prayer room for Muslims in Lod airport is to wash out the criticism that the airport security recieved when they kicked out Muslim clergy dressed in western clothes but talking in "Muslim" off an air plane.
It is to stop the media who are booing the situation and this incident.
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar