FREEDOM OF RELIGION ANYONE?
If only the same could be said about Egypt - There a Muslim who converted to Christianity has been arrested.
In Saudi Arabia you do not even have to try to convert to be sentenced to death. It is enough to be a Hindu whose taxi driver made a wrong turn while driving to the hospital where your wife had just gave birth in Medina.
The Indian government intervened and he was released. The law has not been changed!
comments powered by Disqus
Judith Apter Klinghoffer - 1/3/2007
You may be right. But all it proves is that democracies respond to just criticism. Since I wrote, Egyptian courts have refused to recognize the Bahais as members of a separate religion.
Maham Saleem - 12/27/2006
I think this plan to build a prayer room for Muslims in Lod airport is to wash out the criticism that the airport security recieved when they kicked out Muslim clergy dressed in western clothes but talking in "Muslim" off an air plane.
It is to stop the media who are booing the situation and this incident.
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?