Joseph Barbera, RIP
So when I found out about the passing of Joseph Barbera, I paused for a moment to recall all the joy his wonderful animation brought me.
And this passing comes after the recent passing of Chris Hayward, a writer responsible for many of the characters featured on"Rocky and Bullwinkle," among other timeless TV shows (hat tip to David Beito).
Cross-posted to Notablog.
comments powered by Disqus
Gary McGath - 12/20/2006
Hayward also worked on Crusader Rabbit, the first cartoon TV series with original cartoons, which I just barely remember from my childhood. Like Rocky, it was a Jay Ward show, and the dynamic was similar; a small mammalian hero and a large, slow-witted mammalian sidekick (Rags the Tiger -- a pun which I recognized only years later).
Jesse Walker - 12/19/2006
An early Hanna-Barbera effort:
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar