Maybe Huey or Louie?
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/9/2006
Yes, further supporting my contention that the author of that essay was an ass.
Roderick T. Long - 12/9/2006
And in fact it's not just academic philosophers who are interested in Rawls -- he's had a big influence, for good or bad (for good and bad, actually) in the field of law, for instance.
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/7/2006
I remember both your obit and Jacobs, actually! The author of the silly Chronicle piece does note that "academic philosophers" think Rawls is important, but manages to say this in such a way as to suggest that this is weird, and that we're a strange group anyway. This is true, but not in the sense that he means it; he means it in a way that marginalizes our importance and contribution.
- WWII Atomic Bomb Project Had More Than 1,500 “Leaks”
- Neanderthal 'Art' Found In Cave Sheds Surprising New Light On Ancient Intelligence
- Midterm Election Mind-Reading: The Market Tends to Win
- Proof surfaces for affair between Queen Victoria and her male assistant
- Could humans cause another Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum?
- Pro-Israel website chides Middle East Studies professors, claiming they’re apologists for Hamas
- UCLA Economist, Known as Railroad Historian, Dies at 89
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book