Maybe Huey or Louie?
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/9/2006
Yes, further supporting my contention that the author of that essay was an ass.
Roderick T. Long - 12/9/2006
And in fact it's not just academic philosophers who are interested in Rawls -- he's had a big influence, for good or bad (for good and bad, actually) in the field of law, for instance.
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/7/2006
I remember both your obit and Jacobs, actually! The author of the silly Chronicle piece does note that "academic philosophers" think Rawls is important, but manages to say this in such a way as to suggest that this is weird, and that we're a strange group anyway. This is true, but not in the sense that he means it; he means it in a way that marginalizes our importance and contribution.
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830