Maybe Huey or Louie?
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/9/2006
Yes, further supporting my contention that the author of that essay was an ass.
Roderick T. Long - 12/9/2006
And in fact it's not just academic philosophers who are interested in Rawls -- he's had a big influence, for good or bad (for good and bad, actually) in the field of law, for instance.
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/7/2006
I remember both your obit and Jacobs, actually! The author of the silly Chronicle piece does note that "academic philosophers" think Rawls is important, but manages to say this in such a way as to suggest that this is weird, and that we're a strange group anyway. This is true, but not in the sense that he means it; he means it in a way that marginalizes our importance and contribution.
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide