BUS BOMBING ON MY STEET
I am in a real rotten mood. This is the second suicide bombing on the street where I lived for a year. As the Pope said - It is as it was!
The American Jewish Congress today criticized United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan for equating Palestinian terrorism aimed at Jewish civilians with Israeli self defense aimed at preventing armed terrorists from carrying out their murderous missions.
"Once again violence and terror have claimed innocent lives in the Middle East," Mr. Annan said in a statement issued following the bus bombing in Jerusalem today."Once again I condemn those who resort to such methods. Once again I appeal, to Israelis and Palestinians alike, to rise above feelings of anger and vengeance, however natural, and to devote all their energies to negotiating a true and lasting peace in which two peoples will live side by side, each in their own state."
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton