SOMALI SITUATION WORSENS
Now, the New York Times says that a UN report reveals that 720 Somali Islamists fought alongside Hizballah in Lebanon earlier this year, where they received training and weapons. According to the report, in mid-July, Aden Hashi Farah, a SCIC leader, personally selected the 720 combat-hardened fighters to travel to Lebanon and fight alongside Hizballah. It also identifies Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Libya, Saudi Arabia and Syria of supplying the Somali Islamists with arms, advisers and men.
Does the State Department still believe that"working with the Arab League" - the Saudis and others who are funding SCIC as well as supplying many of its fighters - to somehow form a coalition between the failing Somali government and SCIC is actually in the American national interest?
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools