SOMALI SITUATION WORSENS
Now, the New York Times says that a UN report reveals that 720 Somali Islamists fought alongside Hizballah in Lebanon earlier this year, where they received training and weapons. According to the report, in mid-July, Aden Hashi Farah, a SCIC leader, personally selected the 720 combat-hardened fighters to travel to Lebanon and fight alongside Hizballah. It also identifies Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Libya, Saudi Arabia and Syria of supplying the Somali Islamists with arms, advisers and men.
Does the State Department still believe that"working with the Arab League" - the Saudis and others who are funding SCIC as well as supplying many of its fighters - to somehow form a coalition between the failing Somali government and SCIC is actually in the American national interest?
comments powered by Disqus
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Russian government website notes that game maker has sent “Secret Hitler” to every US senator
- Scholars debate the future of NATO
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport