SOMALI SITUATION WORSENS
Now, the New York Times says that a UN report reveals that 720 Somali Islamists fought alongside Hizballah in Lebanon earlier this year, where they received training and weapons. According to the report, in mid-July, Aden Hashi Farah, a SCIC leader, personally selected the 720 combat-hardened fighters to travel to Lebanon and fight alongside Hizballah. It also identifies Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Libya, Saudi Arabia and Syria of supplying the Somali Islamists with arms, advisers and men.
Does the State Department still believe that"working with the Arab League" - the Saudis and others who are funding SCIC as well as supplying many of its fighters - to somehow form a coalition between the failing Somali government and SCIC is actually in the American national interest?
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award