SOMALI SITUATION WORSENS
Now, the New York Times says that a UN report reveals that 720 Somali Islamists fought alongside Hizballah in Lebanon earlier this year, where they received training and weapons. According to the report, in mid-July, Aden Hashi Farah, a SCIC leader, personally selected the 720 combat-hardened fighters to travel to Lebanon and fight alongside Hizballah. It also identifies Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Libya, Saudi Arabia and Syria of supplying the Somali Islamists with arms, advisers and men.
Does the State Department still believe that"working with the Arab League" - the Saudis and others who are funding SCIC as well as supplying many of its fighters - to somehow form a coalition between the failing Somali government and SCIC is actually in the American national interest?
comments powered by Disqus
- Can the President Be Indicted?
- Oxford students to get exam on non-white, non-European history
- This is why presidents want back channels and how it can go wrong
- Few in St. Louis Knew Confederate Memorial Existed. Now, Many Want It Gone.
- This is why presidents want backchannels and how it can go wrong
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to be blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- No, Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- General McMaster, Step Down—and Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election