University Press Blogs and Book Events
Thanks to John Russell in comments for adding Georgia and Pennsylvania to the list.
Insofar as they can avoid merely being outlets for press releases, university press blogs can be of interest if they post links to significant reviews of their books and encourage authors of their books to engage with readers on the blogs.
Beyond that, university presses can best take advantage of blogging by making their books available to bloggers for reviews. The Valve's book event on Michael Bérubé's What's Liberal About the Liberal Arts? is a model of what can happen. Just check it out via Google or Technorati. Btw, Michael, I owe you a review.
comments powered by Disqus
Ralph E. Luker - 11/13/2006
Thanks very much, John! I'll add them to our list.
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor