University Press Blogs and Book Events
Thanks to John Russell in comments for adding Georgia and Pennsylvania to the list.
Insofar as they can avoid merely being outlets for press releases, university press blogs can be of interest if they post links to significant reviews of their books and encourage authors of their books to engage with readers on the blogs.
Beyond that, university presses can best take advantage of blogging by making their books available to bloggers for reviews. The Valve's book event on Michael Bérubé's What's Liberal About the Liberal Arts? is a model of what can happen. Just check it out via Google or Technorati. Btw, Michael, I owe you a review.
comments powered by Disqus
Ralph E. Luker - 11/13/2006
Thanks very much, John! I'll add them to our list.
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight