Is Chuck Hagel The GOP's Best Hope To Hold the White House?
A Vietnam veteran and pioneer in the cellular phone industry, Hagel has long been a thoughtful Iraq War skeptic. His free market credentials are pretty solid (for a Republican), especially when compared to Giuliani, McCain, and Mitt"government mandated insurance" Romney. Here is a blog which is promoting Hagel's campaign for president.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 11/8/2006
Fascinating. He may not want to stress the fall of man but he does seem to be familiar with the good old Calvinist value of prudence. The more I learn about Hagel the more I like him.....though he is no libertarian.
Flato Saavetra Morena - 11/8/2006
Philosophers on this list might be interested to know that Hagel is also a direct descendant of the Hegel, or so I read several years ago in an article about him. Would a Hagel presidency promote the fall of man as necessary for the evolution of the universe? Sounds like a campaign theme...
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"