Is Chuck Hagel The GOP's Best Hope To Hold the White House?
A Vietnam veteran and pioneer in the cellular phone industry, Hagel has long been a thoughtful Iraq War skeptic. His free market credentials are pretty solid (for a Republican), especially when compared to Giuliani, McCain, and Mitt"government mandated insurance" Romney. Here is a blog which is promoting Hagel's campaign for president.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 11/8/2006
Fascinating. He may not want to stress the fall of man but he does seem to be familiar with the good old Calvinist value of prudence. The more I learn about Hagel the more I like him.....though he is no libertarian.
Flato Saavetra Morena - 11/8/2006
Philosophers on this list might be interested to know that Hagel is also a direct descendant of the Hegel, or so I read several years ago in an article about him. Would a Hagel presidency promote the fall of man as necessary for the evolution of the universe? Sounds like a campaign theme...
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit