Is Chuck Hagel The GOP's Best Hope To Hold the White House?
A Vietnam veteran and pioneer in the cellular phone industry, Hagel has long been a thoughtful Iraq War skeptic. His free market credentials are pretty solid (for a Republican), especially when compared to Giuliani, McCain, and Mitt"government mandated insurance" Romney. Here is a blog which is promoting Hagel's campaign for president.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 11/8/2006
Fascinating. He may not want to stress the fall of man but he does seem to be familiar with the good old Calvinist value of prudence. The more I learn about Hagel the more I like him.....though he is no libertarian.
Flato Saavetra Morena - 11/8/2006
Philosophers on this list might be interested to know that Hagel is also a direct descendant of the Hegel, or so I read several years ago in an article about him. Would a Hagel presidency promote the fall of man as necessary for the evolution of the universe? Sounds like a campaign theme...
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy