Is Chuck Hagel The GOP's Best Hope To Hold the White House?
A Vietnam veteran and pioneer in the cellular phone industry, Hagel has long been a thoughtful Iraq War skeptic. His free market credentials are pretty solid (for a Republican), especially when compared to Giuliani, McCain, and Mitt"government mandated insurance" Romney. Here is a blog which is promoting Hagel's campaign for president.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 11/8/2006
Fascinating. He may not want to stress the fall of man but he does seem to be familiar with the good old Calvinist value of prudence. The more I learn about Hagel the more I like him.....though he is no libertarian.
Flato Saavetra Morena - 11/8/2006
Philosophers on this list might be interested to know that Hagel is also a direct descendant of the Hegel, or so I read several years ago in an article about him. Would a Hagel presidency promote the fall of man as necessary for the evolution of the universe? Sounds like a campaign theme...
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond