INDIA REMINISCENT OF ISRAEL
If suspected Pakistani militants nabbed in Mysore had been planning to attack the Vikas Soudha a newly built government administration block that is part of the state secretariat in Bangalore that's more evidence that it's not just Kashmir, Mumbai or Delhi who need to worry about large-scale terror attacks.
The whole country is a target, and Bangalore as the symbol of India's new-found economic prowess is high on the list. The men were apprehended close to the Infosys campus in Mysore, and there are reports that IT majors like Infosys and Wipro may be on the list of terror targets.
The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, has already been struck. It's not just the north but also the south that may be targeted, and it's not just government establishments but private sector corporations and scientific establishments that find themselves on the hit list.
Yesterday, the local paper described the special security precautions which will be taken during the upcoming Goa International Film Festival. We must walk through metal detectors and have my purse to enter the Marriot hotel which is a five minute walk from our flat. A young military officer stands guard at the entrance of the local Coffee Day. Goa is well known for its laid back and tolerant culture, tiny Muslim population and no history of terrorism. But it would be silly to ignore the threat.
India, like Israel, is determined not to let terror win by distracting her from the more important job of participating in the new global culture which is trying to blossom despite it all. Just is case, 200 miles off the coast of Goa, the Indian navy is engaging in joint exercises with the American, Canadian navies. There is no denying of the increased dovetailing of Indian - American, and, yes, Israeli (the Indian navy will sport the effective Barak missiles) interests. Hope for the best, but be prepared must be the motto of us all.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea