STOP ISSUING VISAS TO IRANIANS
I know this may strike some as unfair but I believe it is preferable to the alternatives.
Max Booth analyzes the hard, soft alternatives. Everybody is talking about the China option. They forget that the US was ready and willing to activate that option as early as 1966. But the Chinese were not. Only when the Soviets amassed troops on their northern borders and Zhou En Lai told Mao that he needed to choose between the US and the USSR, did Mao chose the enemy further away. I do not see Iran facing a similar choice, hence I do not see any reason she would agree to play ball. Hence, by throwing its principles to the wind, the US will merely lose more face and the Mullahs will have additional ammunition with which to convince the faithful of the correctness of their"hard" strategy.
James Baker is currently trying to execute the same exercise Clark Clifford used to force Johnson to go to Paris. Johnson went but held tough and helped elect a successor who refused to budge until China was ready for the great bargain. I believe Bush will follow in Johnson's footsteps. This is nothing to cheer about. It is better than the alternatives. It would be better yet if Bush took the bull by its horn and upped the pressure on Iran by closing the American borders to its citizens. Come on Bush, you can do it!
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"