One Term President
It looks like Bush is losing the base.Serves him right.
comments powered by Disqus
Kevin Carson - 1/20/2004
"...there's a real chance the Republicans' voter base will not be enthusiastic about turning out in November, no matter who the Democrats nominate."
Nader made the same point a couple of weeks ago. If the Democrats were smart enough to hammer Bush on stuff that bothers Ron Paul/Bob Barr Republicans, enough of them might stay home to cost him the election.
My plan this November is to vote for the Libertarian party candidate. If Bush loses by less than the LP vote, it might well lead to the people from PNAC and the Weekly Standard selling pencils on street corners in January 2005. Neocons will be the red-haired bastards at the Republican family reunion for the next generation or so.
Tom Dougherty - 1/17/2004
If the Democrats are smart they will nominate a moderate Democrat (Lieberman maybe?) whom disaffected Republicans could vote for instead of just sitting home on election day. I don't think Dean is a viable alternative for most Conservatives. I would suspect that many disaffected Republicans might even actually vote for Bush, however repulsive the thought of that is, if Dean is the nominee. Dean has talked about re-regulating the economy. Liberal Bush seems better than Socialist Dean.
- Ben Carson defends linking gun control to the Holocaust
- Secret CIA Report: Pinochet "Personally Ordered" Washington Car-Bombing
- Mike Huckabee’s 1998 Book Is Full Of Fake Quotes From America’s Founders
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich