One Term President
It looks like Bush is losing the base.Serves him right.
comments powered by Disqus
Kevin Carson - 1/20/2004
"...there's a real chance the Republicans' voter base will not be enthusiastic about turning out in November, no matter who the Democrats nominate."
Nader made the same point a couple of weeks ago. If the Democrats were smart enough to hammer Bush on stuff that bothers Ron Paul/Bob Barr Republicans, enough of them might stay home to cost him the election.
My plan this November is to vote for the Libertarian party candidate. If Bush loses by less than the LP vote, it might well lead to the people from PNAC and the Weekly Standard selling pencils on street corners in January 2005. Neocons will be the red-haired bastards at the Republican family reunion for the next generation or so.
Tom Dougherty - 1/17/2004
If the Democrats are smart they will nominate a moderate Democrat (Lieberman maybe?) whom disaffected Republicans could vote for instead of just sitting home on election day. I don't think Dean is a viable alternative for most Conservatives. I would suspect that many disaffected Republicans might even actually vote for Bush, however repulsive the thought of that is, if Dean is the nominee. Dean has talked about re-regulating the economy. Liberal Bush seems better than Socialist Dean.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity