Dagny on a Train
Looks like Angelina Jolie will indeed be starring in the film version of Atlas Shrugged. (Conical hat tip to Wally Conger and Bob Bidinotto.)
This will likely translate into lots of new Rand readers, which is good. But as Ive said before, we left-Randians will need to work hard to make sure new inquirers know about the full range of Rands legacy. I have some thoughts about how to do that coming soon!
comments powered by Disqus
Steve Jackson - 9/27/2006
A left wing Randian doesn't sound very interesting.
Rand is interesting precisely because she is a combination of left-wing and right wing ideas. If you take Rand and subtract the anti-gay, anti-egalitarianism, anti-communism, anti-feminism and all the diatribes against the moochers, looters, altruists, what's left? Rand then comes across as a garden variety empiricist and village atheist who wouldn't merit a footnote in the history of secular humanist thought.
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight