Dagny on a Train
Looks like Angelina Jolie will indeed be starring in the film version of Atlas Shrugged. (Conical hat tip to Wally Conger and Bob Bidinotto.)
This will likely translate into lots of new Rand readers, which is good. But as Ive said before, we left-Randians will need to work hard to make sure new inquirers know about the full range of Rands legacy. I have some thoughts about how to do that coming soon!
comments powered by Disqus
Steve Jackson - 9/27/2006
A left wing Randian doesn't sound very interesting.
Rand is interesting precisely because she is a combination of left-wing and right wing ideas. If you take Rand and subtract the anti-gay, anti-egalitarianism, anti-communism, anti-feminism and all the diatribes against the moochers, looters, altruists, what's left? Rand then comes across as a garden variety empiricist and village atheist who wouldn't merit a footnote in the history of secular humanist thought.
- Florida professor to burn Confederate flag
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign