ARMY WAR COLLEGE CRITICIZES "UNNECESSARY" IRAQ WAR
"A scathing new report published by the Army War College broadly criticizes the Bush administration's handling of the war on terrorism, accusing it of taking a detour into an"unnecessary" war in Iraq and pursuing an"unrealistic" quest against terrorism that may lead to U.S. wars with states that pose no serious threat."
comments powered by Disqus
Hugh High - 1/15/2004
I shall look forward seeing it/them.
David T.Beito - 1/15/2004
Okay, I will change the headline and issue a mea culpa. It wasn't just me who "billed" it that way but the newspaper reports.
Hugh High - 1/14/2004
For completeness, it must be noted that the report was written by Jeffrey Record, a visiting professor at the Air War College at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama. As the Washington Post has noted :
"His essay, published by the Army War College's Strategic Studies Institute, carries the standard disclaimer that its views are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Army, the Pentagon or the U.S. government. "
That is, and as has not been sufficiently widely reported, the report, then, is merely another criticism by another academic. Perfectly legitimate, of course, but no more attention should be paid to this than to those of other academics who have knowledge of the area/topic, some of whom are critical of the government's point of view and policy, and some of whom are in favour of it.
The way this has been 'billed' -- as done here by David Beito -- has created a tempest in a teapot; much ado about precious little other than one man's opinion -- but HARDLY the position of the US Army or Army War College. It is a bit deceptive to have billed it this way, of course.
Mike Almer - 1/13/2004
Before anyone else beats me to it: "Why do Bushies always scream 'treason' when criticized?"
Kevin Carson - 1/13/2004
Before anyone else beats me to it: "Why does the Army War College hate America?"
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond