Conversations with History
Google Video offers nearly 200 programs in Harry Kreisler's series,"Conversations with History." Kreisler blogs about it at Conversations with History Blog. His Conversations on Google Video include Niall Ferguson on Money and Power; and Ferguson's appearance on a panel discussion:"The Empire Dialogues: The U. S. and the World Order." YouTube also has excerpts from his series, War of the World: Episode One and a subsequent episode on the Wall Street Crash.
You can search Google Video and YouTube for other historians of interest. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., for instance, looking a bit frail already twenty years ago; and he's still going.
comments powered by Disqus
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar