Some Notes for Labor Day
John Stauffer,"Slavery and the Legacies of the American Revolution," NY Sun, 30 August, reviews Simon Schama's Rough Crossings, François Furstenberg's In the Name of the Father, and David Brion Davis's Inhuman Bondage.
Tony Judt,"Goodbye to All That," NYRB, 26 September, reviews Leszek Kolakowski, Main Currents of Marxism: The Founders, the Golden Age, the Breakdown, Kolakowski, My Correct Views on Everything, and Jacques Attali, Karl Marx ou l'esprit du monde. There is a long interview with Judt at"'Wie die Beamten des Mittelalters'," Stern, n.d. Thanks to Alfredo Perez at Political Theory Daily Review and Nathanael Robinson for the tips.
Fredric Jameson,"First Impressions," LRB, 7 September, reviews Slavoj Zizek, The Parallax View. Thanks to Manan Ahmed for the tip.
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades