Some Notes for Labor Day
John Stauffer,"Slavery and the Legacies of the American Revolution," NY Sun, 30 August, reviews Simon Schama's Rough Crossings, François Furstenberg's In the Name of the Father, and David Brion Davis's Inhuman Bondage.
Tony Judt,"Goodbye to All That," NYRB, 26 September, reviews Leszek Kolakowski, Main Currents of Marxism: The Founders, the Golden Age, the Breakdown, Kolakowski, My Correct Views on Everything, and Jacques Attali, Karl Marx ou l'esprit du monde. There is a long interview with Judt at"'Wie die Beamten des Mittelalters'," Stern, n.d. Thanks to Alfredo Perez at Political Theory Daily Review and Nathanael Robinson for the tips.
Fredric Jameson,"First Impressions," LRB, 7 September, reviews Slavoj Zizek, The Parallax View. Thanks to Manan Ahmed for the tip.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Years After Katrina, the Enduring Value of the Hurricane Digital Memory Bank
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis