ARTISTS AND ECONOMICS
Now, why do I bring this up here, you ask?
This seems to me like yet another example of artists not grasping economics and insisting that the market adjust to what the artists want to produce rather than the artists producing what the market wants to buy. And in this case, we're not even talking about artistic content, just the format in which it is delivered to consumers.
It is no wonder, as Mises observed, that so many artists are anti-capitalistists.
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations