ARTISTS AND ECONOMICS
Now, why do I bring this up here, you ask?
This seems to me like yet another example of artists not grasping economics and insisting that the market adjust to what the artists want to produce rather than the artists producing what the market wants to buy. And in this case, we're not even talking about artistic content, just the format in which it is delivered to consumers.
It is no wonder, as Mises observed, that so many artists are anti-capitalistists.
comments powered by Disqus
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- Massive Data Project Will Help People Identify Enslaved Ancestors
- U.S. Democracy Experienced Biggest Drop In 40 Years
- New Fox Series: Bill Clinton's Scandals
- Thailand drops royal insult charges against elderly historian
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ
- AHA asks members to "Help Protect the Census"
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"