THE LORD OF THE CA-CHINGS
This is typical of the political class' way of thinking, which sees tax breaks as subsidies, as if all money belongs to the state.
comments powered by Disqus
digamma - 1/4/2004
A "tax break" is somewhere between a subsidy and being allowed to keep one's own money. If you're providing tax breaks to particular groups but not to others, while providing the same public services to all, you're effectively subsidizing certain groups at the expense of others.
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian