Bush Could Rein in Israel but He Won't
comments powered by Disqus
Sudha Shenoy - 8/2/2006
Bob: One amendment: All _American_ politics is local. Gawd 'elp the rest of us.
Robert Higgs - 8/1/2006
Sudha's comment, with suitable substitutions for "Bush" and "Middle East" as needed, might well serve as a template for describing U.S. foreign policy from 1898 to the present. All politics is local.
Sudha Shenoy - 8/1/2006
The way Bush views the horrible tangles of the Middle East is the way in which millions of American voters also see the situation. The world's most powerful govt is blundering around the world, including the Middle East, for the benefit of an audience & set of supporters who are as profoundly ignorant of the outside world as it is possible to be.
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"