Bush Could Rein in Israel but He Won't
comments powered by Disqus
Sudha Shenoy - 8/2/2006
Bob: One amendment: All _American_ politics is local. Gawd 'elp the rest of us.
Robert Higgs - 8/1/2006
Sudha's comment, with suitable substitutions for "Bush" and "Middle East" as needed, might well serve as a template for describing U.S. foreign policy from 1898 to the present. All politics is local.
Sudha Shenoy - 8/1/2006
The way Bush views the horrible tangles of the Middle East is the way in which millions of American voters also see the situation. The world's most powerful govt is blundering around the world, including the Middle East, for the benefit of an audience & set of supporters who are as profoundly ignorant of the outside world as it is possible to be.
- Kissinger Memo from 1972: Make the North Vietnamese think Nixon and I are crazy
- How Much U.S. History Do Americans Actually Know? Less Than You Think.
- Ice cream cone named after Adolf Hitler on sale in India sparks anger in Germany
- Expressing Outrage over Attacks on Cultural Heritage of Iraq, General Assembly Unanimously Adopts Resolution Calling for Urgent Action
- Isis Palmyra demolition has begun with ancient God Lion statue destroyed
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize