Libertarianism and the Iraq War at the VC
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 7/24/2006
As I mentioned in the VC thread, we don't always agree amongst ourselves. While it's been nearly or around 2 years now that I've been in favor of US withdrawal, I'm not embarassed to have been in favor of the invasion in the beginning. I don't necessarily want to revisit that argument now, but I do want to note, as I did at VC, that the current issue of Reason Papers (www.reasonpapers.com) features lots of discussion of the intra-liberarian dispute about war issues, including the ultimate Long-vs-Skoble throwdown. Also, interested readers might look up the April (I think it was April) issue of Liberty Magazine.
David T. Beito - 7/23/2006
Thanks for calling attention to this. The thread is already immense.
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize