Iraq's "Islamist" Parliament Speaker Denounces "Jews"
Any guesses on how the warbloggers, like Glenn Reynolds, will spin this latest example of blowback, assuming that they even mention it?
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 7/14/2006
I'll trust you to monitor the situation. I gave up on Reynolds a long time ago, when I realized that he wouldn't even consider linking to moderate, non-partisan items.
David T. Beito - 7/14/2006
That's about right....though that's only if they have to say something. Right now, mums the word at Intapundit. As a recall, Glenn also was slow to discuss the Afghan convert issue.
Jonathan Dresner - 7/13/2006
"Liberal attacks on US forces for isolated incidents, and reluctance to support the burgeoning democracy in Iraq, have created an environment in which the US has lost credibility and the elected government is in danger of falling back into al-Qaeda's control."
You heard it here first.
"Liberal attacks on US forces": much deadlier than guns and IEDs, liberals use the UCMJ and Constitution to inflict embarassment after embarassment on people who do things that are illegal
"isolated incidents": Abu Ghraib, Haditha, Fallujah, the near-daily killings of innocents and the daily failure to protect them from extremists.
"burgeoning democracy": Tom Lehrer said it best: "They've got to be protected / all their rights respected / 'till somebody we like can be elected."
"falling back into al-Qaeda's control": because, of course, it was Hussein's al-Qaeda links which got us there in the first place....
- King Tut had overbite, club foot because his parents were brother and sister
- Prehistoric humans were far smarter than previously assumed
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Highlights of the recent Oral History Association Meeting
- Rick Perlstein response to Sam Tanenhaus's complaint that he's an aggregator
- Thai historian faces charges for daring to challenge a story about a royal king
- It's Rick Perlstein vs. Judith Stein in a Three Round Fight
- Park Honan, a Biographer of Authors, Is Dead at 86