Welcome to the pasts that never were. Alternative History is an examination of the history that didn't happen, an attempt to look with fresh eyes at our past through the filter of unfulfilled possibilities. The premise of this website is that nothing is predestined, even if some outcomes are a great deal more likely than others. But all us little human critters have the ability to make choices... and those choices matter.
This website includes a listing of excellent links to additional alternative history sites, gives a selection of articles regarding different paths that history could have taken, and provides a discussion forum for visitors to the Alternative History home page.
comments powered by Disqus
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign