Welcome to the pasts that never were. Alternative History is an examination of the history that didn't happen, an attempt to look with fresh eyes at our past through the filter of unfulfilled possibilities. The premise of this website is that nothing is predestined, even if some outcomes are a great deal more likely than others. But all us little human critters have the ability to make choices... and those choices matter.
This website includes a listing of excellent links to additional alternative history sites, gives a selection of articles regarding different paths that history could have taken, and provides a discussion forum for visitors to the Alternative History home page.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic