This website shows the historical press coverage in the United States from the 16th to the 20th century. The creator of this newspaper collection, Rick Brown, invites you to return to these historical events by viewing how they were presented to the American public in the past. The website offers an index of historical articles for easy viewing, interactive quizzes, presidential facts, an audio and video department featuring voices from the past, and additional historical links.
comments powered by Disqus
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- HMS Victory: The mystery of Britain's worst naval disaster is finally solved - 271 years later
- A salute lost to history
- Here’s Why The 2016 Republican Presidential Primary Could Make History
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?