Any list of Internet resources for historians ought to be considered a work in progress. The reason is quite simple. The number of web sites devoted to historical subjects, documents and related material increases daily. There are several sites available now that list hundreds of web pages. Unfortunately, that means the end user must wade through an enormous amount of material (and dead links) to locate what may be of dubious importance.
I have decided to create a much shorter list, and instead of inundating the user with hundreds of links, I have selected web sites which contain excellent content. This website contains links to primary documents, United States History, World History and Western Civilization, among others.
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening