Any list of Internet resources for historians ought to be considered a work in progress. The reason is quite simple. The number of web sites devoted to historical subjects, documents and related material increases daily. There are several sites available now that list hundreds of web pages. Unfortunately, that means the end user must wade through an enormous amount of material (and dead links) to locate what may be of dubious importance.
I have decided to create a much shorter list, and instead of inundating the user with hundreds of links, I have selected web sites which contain excellent content. This website contains links to primary documents, United States History, World History and Western Civilization, among others.
comments powered by Disqus
- Holocaust Victims Mocked in Ohio State Band Parody Songbook
- Memphis attempt to drop name of Nathan Bedford Forrest runs into state law
- Overlooked: The 25th anniversary of Captive Nations Week
- In confession to historian, George McGovern revealed he had a secret child
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial