Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
This tribute, written by Professor Melvin Sylvester at Long Island University, provides a timeline of the black civil rights movement in America and shows Martin Luther King's contributions to this cause for all Americans. Dr. King's involvement in the civil rights movement allowed for positive, non-violent methods of change to come about for African-Americans despite growing pressure to use violent means to accomplish these goals of equality.
In addition to the timeline that Professor Sylvester provides for viewers, he includes a listing of Dr. King's own writings, and also books about Dr. King and the civil rights movement for further research and knowledge about this tumultuous time in American history.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight