I'm with Hesiod, isn't it awfully convenient that Uday and Usay have been discovered just as W's poll numbers make the middle to lower 50s?
That's the danger with lying all the time. I can't believe a word you say. I can't help but think this is like all those" crying wolf" examples of WMD caches we heard about in April. What were there, like ten or twelve of those? And didn't we capture Saddam and his sons a couple of times before?
Of course, I'd be glad if those awful butchers had been dispatched from this earth but I really can't trust a thing these guys say anymore, so I'll remain skeptical. Heck, I'll remain skeptical until I see the autopsy photos!
But, of course, my skepticism doesn't stop the ridiculously overreaching triumphalist stories that are already in the press, does it? This article is downright hilarious. This reporter has bought the propaganda the administration is trying to sell him hook, line, and sinker.
I hate to break it to you guys but the violence we're seeing is not just from Baathists. I wish it were myself and that this would simply end it. Sadly, this won't alter the level of violence our soldiers face one bit.
This awful situation our soldiers face is exactly why I was against this war and it has absolutely nothing to do with whether Uday, Usay, or Saddam are alive.
Update: The administration is confirming now that Uday and Usay are dead. Good riddance but, as I said earlier, don't expect any change whatsoever in Iraq.
I wish there were some sort of magical event that would make the war worth it and the quagmire end. Unfortunately folks, there simply isn't.
Wish to comment on this post? Click here
comments powered by Disqus
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit