I'm with Hesiod, isn't it awfully convenient that Uday and Usay have been discovered just as W's poll numbers make the middle to lower 50s?
That's the danger with lying all the time. I can't believe a word you say. I can't help but think this is like all those" crying wolf" examples of WMD caches we heard about in April. What were there, like ten or twelve of those? And didn't we capture Saddam and his sons a couple of times before?
Of course, I'd be glad if those awful butchers had been dispatched from this earth but I really can't trust a thing these guys say anymore, so I'll remain skeptical. Heck, I'll remain skeptical until I see the autopsy photos!
But, of course, my skepticism doesn't stop the ridiculously overreaching triumphalist stories that are already in the press, does it? This article is downright hilarious. This reporter has bought the propaganda the administration is trying to sell him hook, line, and sinker.
I hate to break it to you guys but the violence we're seeing is not just from Baathists. I wish it were myself and that this would simply end it. Sadly, this won't alter the level of violence our soldiers face one bit.
This awful situation our soldiers face is exactly why I was against this war and it has absolutely nothing to do with whether Uday, Usay, or Saddam are alive.
Update: The administration is confirming now that Uday and Usay are dead. Good riddance but, as I said earlier, don't expect any change whatsoever in Iraq.
I wish there were some sort of magical event that would make the war worth it and the quagmire end. Unfortunately folks, there simply isn't.
Wish to comment on this post? Click here
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)