I liked it so much I assigned it to my online class, especially the following passage because I have seen this pattern with so many other drug laws: “Unlike alcohol prohibition, narcotics prohibition was not caused by any widespread public pressure or political campaign. Rather, it was the work of government insiders, led by progressive-era professional groups and anti-opium missionaries, with crucial support from President Theodore Roosevelt.”
comments powered by Disqus
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?
- AHA won't be considering petition to boycott Israel, unless it's introduced at the Business Meeting