Iraqi support of Iran
comments powered by Disqus
John H. Lederer - 5/29/2006
CNN apparently mucked it up. NYT seems better but seems to have omitted pertinent conditions of guaranteeing peaceful use:.
Taylor Owen - 5/27/2006
You are of course right. In fact, the questions are a bit silly as he clearly doesn’t speak for the entire government and there could therefore be any number of self motivated reasons for his statement. However, on some level, the coalition cannot have it both ways. If they are arguing, as they increasingly are, that this is a representative government that will soon be capable of governing on its own, then at some point they will have to accept the actions of its members.
Jonathan Dresner - 5/27/2006
I don't know that it's justified yet to refer to "Iraqi" policy or strategy, and given the Deputy Minister's backpedaling, this could be a "signal" or it could just be one guy trying to make friends where it could do him good....
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- Junípero Serra’s Missions Destroyed Entire Native Cultures. And Now He’s Going to Be a Saint.
- Isis destruction of Palmyra's Temple of Bel revealed in satellite images
- McKinley's lost his mountain. Should we still remember his presidency?
- 72 history professors sign letter urging removal of Jefferson Davis statue from Kentucky Capitol
- 10 Years After Katrina, the Enduring Value of the Hurricane Digital Memory Bank
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans