Iraqi support of Iran
comments powered by Disqus
John H. Lederer - 5/28/2006
CNN apparently mucked it up. NYT seems better but seems to have omitted pertinent conditions of guaranteeing peaceful use:.
Taylor Owen - 5/27/2006
You are of course right. In fact, the questions are a bit silly as he clearly doesn’t speak for the entire government and there could therefore be any number of self motivated reasons for his statement. However, on some level, the coalition cannot have it both ways. If they are arguing, as they increasingly are, that this is a representative government that will soon be capable of governing on its own, then at some point they will have to accept the actions of its members.
Jonathan Dresner - 5/27/2006
I don't know that it's justified yet to refer to "Iraqi" policy or strategy, and given the Deputy Minister's backpedaling, this could be a "signal" or it could just be one guy trying to make friends where it could do him good....
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi