Iraqi support of Iran
comments powered by Disqus
John H. Lederer - 5/29/2006
CNN apparently mucked it up. NYT seems better but seems to have omitted pertinent conditions of guaranteeing peaceful use:.
Taylor Owen - 5/27/2006
You are of course right. In fact, the questions are a bit silly as he clearly doesn’t speak for the entire government and there could therefore be any number of self motivated reasons for his statement. However, on some level, the coalition cannot have it both ways. If they are arguing, as they increasingly are, that this is a representative government that will soon be capable of governing on its own, then at some point they will have to accept the actions of its members.
Jonathan Dresner - 5/27/2006
I don't know that it's justified yet to refer to "Iraqi" policy or strategy, and given the Deputy Minister's backpedaling, this could be a "signal" or it could just be one guy trying to make friends where it could do him good....
- Historians gloss over too many unpalatable truths, Antony Beevor says
- Historian shares his own experience with mental illness
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?