LINKS AND SARCASM
The Texas G.O.P. has failed in its unprecedented midterm congressional seat grab in Texas. So, what do you do when you lose? Why you change the rules so you can win of course! Look for more entertainment from Texas soon. In short, another walkout by Democrats appears likely -- this time in the Texas Senate.
And speaking of rank hypocrisy and a Stalinist approach to a legislature, here's an excellent story about how far the G.O.P. congressional leaders have fallen from their principles since becoming intoxicated by, to use DeLay's famous pre-1994 words, the"arrogance of power."
Ooops. It appears W and the boys are furiously trying to walk back that Jim Baker story. Josh, as usual, has all the details. Hmmm. I do wonder what the story is behind all that, don't you? UggaBugga has both WaPo stories side-by-side in this post.
It also appears possible that Condi Rice may resign. As I said earlier, in any other administration she'd have been gone after the first couple of high profile public lies. She wouldn't have had the chance to become the unrepentant serial liar that she is today.
All of these things together certainly demonstrate that this administration has suddenly lost the golden touch, huh?
As my father-in-law puts it,"when it goes, it completely disappears."
Wish to comment on this post? Click here
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz