LINKS AND SARCASM
The Texas G.O.P. has failed in its unprecedented midterm congressional seat grab in Texas. So, what do you do when you lose? Why you change the rules so you can win of course! Look for more entertainment from Texas soon. In short, another walkout by Democrats appears likely -- this time in the Texas Senate.
And speaking of rank hypocrisy and a Stalinist approach to a legislature, here's an excellent story about how far the G.O.P. congressional leaders have fallen from their principles since becoming intoxicated by, to use DeLay's famous pre-1994 words, the"arrogance of power."
Ooops. It appears W and the boys are furiously trying to walk back that Jim Baker story. Josh, as usual, has all the details. Hmmm. I do wonder what the story is behind all that, don't you? UggaBugga has both WaPo stories side-by-side in this post.
It also appears possible that Condi Rice may resign. As I said earlier, in any other administration she'd have been gone after the first couple of high profile public lies. She wouldn't have had the chance to become the unrepentant serial liar that she is today.
All of these things together certainly demonstrate that this administration has suddenly lost the golden touch, huh?
As my father-in-law puts it,"when it goes, it completely disappears."
Wish to comment on this post? Click here
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests