LINKS AND SARCASM
The Texas G.O.P. has failed in its unprecedented midterm congressional seat grab in Texas. So, what do you do when you lose? Why you change the rules so you can win of course! Look for more entertainment from Texas soon. In short, another walkout by Democrats appears likely -- this time in the Texas Senate.
And speaking of rank hypocrisy and a Stalinist approach to a legislature, here's an excellent story about how far the G.O.P. congressional leaders have fallen from their principles since becoming intoxicated by, to use DeLay's famous pre-1994 words, the"arrogance of power."
Ooops. It appears W and the boys are furiously trying to walk back that Jim Baker story. Josh, as usual, has all the details. Hmmm. I do wonder what the story is behind all that, don't you? UggaBugga has both WaPo stories side-by-side in this post.
It also appears possible that Condi Rice may resign. As I said earlier, in any other administration she'd have been gone after the first couple of high profile public lies. She wouldn't have had the chance to become the unrepentant serial liar that she is today.
All of these things together certainly demonstrate that this administration has suddenly lost the golden touch, huh?
As my father-in-law puts it,"when it goes, it completely disappears."
Wish to comment on this post? Click here
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize