GUTSY SARKOZY TACKLES IMMIGRATION
He is not anti-immigrants, he argues eloquently. He only wishes to admit those immigrants useful to the French economy, i.e., well educated ones. We are going to lose our best and brightest complain some West Africans. Others argue that as citizens of her former colonies they have the right to go to France.
But France and the EU are determined to stop them from coming. They plan to position their fleet near Senegal's harbors. France 2 interviewed a trafficker. What would you do if you could no longer take Senegalese to France? the reporter asked."I may take them to America," he answered."Who would want to go?""Everybody. Senegalese, Gambians, Ivorians," was the answer.
comments powered by Disqus
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller