GUTSY SARKOZY TACKLES IMMIGRATION
He is not anti-immigrants, he argues eloquently. He only wishes to admit those immigrants useful to the French economy, i.e., well educated ones. We are going to lose our best and brightest complain some West Africans. Others argue that as citizens of her former colonies they have the right to go to France.
But France and the EU are determined to stop them from coming. They plan to position their fleet near Senegal's harbors. France 2 interviewed a trafficker. What would you do if you could no longer take Senegalese to France? the reporter asked."I may take them to America," he answered."Who would want to go?""Everybody. Senegalese, Gambians, Ivorians," was the answer.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)