GUTSY SARKOZY TACKLES IMMIGRATION
He is not anti-immigrants, he argues eloquently. He only wishes to admit those immigrants useful to the French economy, i.e., well educated ones. We are going to lose our best and brightest complain some West Africans. Others argue that as citizens of her former colonies they have the right to go to France.
But France and the EU are determined to stop them from coming. They plan to position their fleet near Senegal's harbors. France 2 interviewed a trafficker. What would you do if you could no longer take Senegalese to France? the reporter asked."I may take them to America," he answered."Who would want to go?""Everybody. Senegalese, Gambians, Ivorians," was the answer.
comments powered by Disqus
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90