GUTSY SARKOZY TACKLES IMMIGRATION
He is not anti-immigrants, he argues eloquently. He only wishes to admit those immigrants useful to the French economy, i.e., well educated ones. We are going to lose our best and brightest complain some West Africans. Others argue that as citizens of her former colonies they have the right to go to France.
But France and the EU are determined to stop them from coming. They plan to position their fleet near Senegal's harbors. France 2 interviewed a trafficker. What would you do if you could no longer take Senegalese to France? the reporter asked."I may take them to America," he answered."Who would want to go?""Everybody. Senegalese, Gambians, Ivorians," was the answer.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"