"Stop the Bullshit"
At the Versailles Conference, Woodrow Wilson, ever the imperious pedagogue, brought smirks from the likes of Georges Clemenceau when he preached to the assembled about the teachings of Jesus Christ. John McCain's negotiating strategy is not much of an improvement:
One of the things I would do if I were President would be to sit the Shiites and the Sunnis down and say, ‘Stop the bullshit.’”
comments powered by Disqus
Matt Barganier - 5/24/2006
Damn, that is some refreshing straight talk! What a maverick! He might even drop the F-bomb on Iran – shortly before dropping The Bomb bomb on them (and China, Korea, Vietnam, Venezuela, the Galapagos Islands, etc.).
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?