"Stop the Bullshit"
At the Versailles Conference, Woodrow Wilson, ever the imperious pedagogue, brought smirks from the likes of Georges Clemenceau when he preached to the assembled about the teachings of Jesus Christ. John McCain's negotiating strategy is not much of an improvement:
One of the things I would do if I were President would be to sit the Shiites and the Sunnis down and say, ‘Stop the bullshit.’”
comments powered by Disqus
Matt Barganier - 5/24/2006
Damn, that is some refreshing straight talk! What a maverick! He might even drop the F-bomb on Iran – shortly before dropping The Bomb bomb on them (and China, Korea, Vietnam, Venezuela, the Galapagos Islands, etc.).
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay