"Stop the Bullshit"
At the Versailles Conference, Woodrow Wilson, ever the imperious pedagogue, brought smirks from the likes of Georges Clemenceau when he preached to the assembled about the teachings of Jesus Christ. John McCain's negotiating strategy is not much of an improvement:
One of the things I would do if I were President would be to sit the Shiites and the Sunnis down and say, ‘Stop the bullshit.’”
comments powered by Disqus
Matt Barganier - 5/24/2006
Damn, that is some refreshing straight talk! What a maverick! He might even drop the F-bomb on Iran – shortly before dropping The Bomb bomb on them (and China, Korea, Vietnam, Venezuela, the Galapagos Islands, etc.).
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- For G.O.P., Support for Israel Becomes New Litmus Test
- Yale’s Beinecke Library Buys Vast Collection of Lincoln Photos
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history
- Role-playing history game gets students jazzed