KRUGMAN: "STATE OF DECLINE"
Krugman's column this morning is an excellent discussion of the shape of things to come in Republican fiscal irresponsibility.
I do wonder how long we can run a deficit that is 1/3 of all federal spending, don't you?
I wonder what the fake economist over at NRO will have to say about this one.
And, by the way, it's great that our economy actually grew a bit last quarter (2.4% annual GDP), but we had a quarter last year in which it grew much more (4% actually) and it didn't make much difference. It's also nice to hear that unemployment dropped, until you realize that drop is due to the fact that 550,000 Americans stopped looking for jobs.
It would be nice to think we're out of the woods economically -- but don't count on it folks.
We've heard all of this before -- for the last two years in fact.
Wish to comment on this post? Click here
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"