KRUGMAN: "STATE OF DECLINE"
Krugman's column this morning is an excellent discussion of the shape of things to come in Republican fiscal irresponsibility.
I do wonder how long we can run a deficit that is 1/3 of all federal spending, don't you?
I wonder what the fake economist over at NRO will have to say about this one.
And, by the way, it's great that our economy actually grew a bit last quarter (2.4% annual GDP), but we had a quarter last year in which it grew much more (4% actually) and it didn't make much difference. It's also nice to hear that unemployment dropped, until you realize that drop is due to the fact that 550,000 Americans stopped looking for jobs.
It would be nice to think we're out of the woods economically -- but don't count on it folks.
We've heard all of this before -- for the last two years in fact.
Wish to comment on this post? Click here
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"