Cory Maye Update
To my untrained legal eye, the brief is absolutely devastating. I don't know how anyone could possibly read it and still believe this guy deserves to die in Mississippi's death chamber.
The scary thing is the enormous disparity between the brief his talented legal team filed last week and the brief filed by his incompetent trial attorney many months ago. Makes you wonder how many other people sit in Mississippi prisons solely because they had crappy counsel.
Read the brief here. Read the reports filed by forensics experts hired by Maye's legal team here and here. I elaborate a bit more here. And check here for several more updates to the case.
Also, there's much, much more coming.
comments powered by Disqus
chris l pettit - 5/20/2006
to my well trained legal eye...it is amazing that this case even has legs...this is so pathetic...Rodney, you are correct about the devastating nature of the brief
it just goes to show the paucity that is the "legal" system in this country...
we do not live under a rule of law...we live under a rule of man...meaning the imposition of power ideologies by moral entrepreneurs...rights and law do not exist in this country...and the blame falls quarely on legal positivism and its legal and moral bankruptcy
- What Americans Don’t Want to See in a President
- Revealed: How the gruesome Operation Condor kidnapped and tortured and killed people
- Returning the Spoils of World War II, Taken by Americans
- Nazi-confiscated painting returned to heir of Jewish art historian
- Bobby Jindal book on lessons of history coming in October
- Historian chastises Sacramento State for substituting anthropology for American history
- Open Letter in Support of Historians in Japan
- This is just one reason Eric Burns decided to write a whole book about the year 1920
- Historian traces racist origin of Louisiana law allowing 10-2 jury verdicts
- Israel Museum turns Yuval Noah Harari's "Brief History of Humankind" into exhibit