Cory Maye Update
To my untrained legal eye, the brief is absolutely devastating. I don't know how anyone could possibly read it and still believe this guy deserves to die in Mississippi's death chamber.
The scary thing is the enormous disparity between the brief his talented legal team filed last week and the brief filed by his incompetent trial attorney many months ago. Makes you wonder how many other people sit in Mississippi prisons solely because they had crappy counsel.
Read the brief here. Read the reports filed by forensics experts hired by Maye's legal team here and here. I elaborate a bit more here. And check here for several more updates to the case.
Also, there's much, much more coming.
comments powered by Disqus
chris l pettit - 5/20/2006
to my well trained legal eye...it is amazing that this case even has legs...this is so pathetic...Rodney, you are correct about the devastating nature of the brief
it just goes to show the paucity that is the "legal" system in this country...
we do not live under a rule of law...we live under a rule of man...meaning the imposition of power ideologies by moral entrepreneurs...rights and law do not exist in this country...and the blame falls quarely on legal positivism and its legal and moral bankruptcy
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?